Saturday, August 22, 2009

That growl you hear is me

That growl you hear is me

Though I'm frustrated with Mr. Immelt, I bought a front-loading energy saver GE washing machine, to replace my junk Whirlpool Gold that was barely 7 years old. The new one was delivered this morning. After a brief test and some instructions the delivery personnel left and I felt giddy with a new washer.

I quickly gathered a load of blue jeans tossed them in the machine, clipped open the sample packet of Tide HE, poured it into the reservoir, made the proper selections and pushed start. I tinkered with the new buttons a little and decided it was a very cool appliance. From time to time I peered into the machine and wondered if it was working right. There didn't appear to be much activity inside it.

An hour later when the load was supposed to be finished, it wasn't. It merely hummed. Thinking I must have tinkered too much pushing the new buttons, I turned the machine off and started over. An hour later, nothing but a hummmm. Exactly how I felt. I unplugged the machine, plugged it back in and set it to rinse and spin. An hour later, nothing plus a hummmm. No longer exactly how I felt. Instead I wanted to have an adult "I'm sick already of spending money on high end merchandise that doesn't work" tantrum.

I call GE. I call Lowe's. Though I'm tempted I don't call names and I'm very polite. But, dagflippitynabbit, I'm really ticked! I want a new machine and I want it now! GE and Whirlpool I have a message for you: PPPPLLLLLLBTTTTTTHHHHHHHHH!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweets.... I feel your pain. I have been through 3 washers in less than 10 years. You though, I think are fortunate enough to have discovered a "not so good" washer right away. Me... it was way past the store or mfg warranty. UGH. I think I finally have my new dream washer... an Electrolux. LOVE it (so far). I have a family of 5 (which includes 3 boys (2 of whom still wet there bed nightly).. as you can tell, I do a LOT of laundry!!

    Good luck.. keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When appliances go bad...

    That sucks. Hope a working machine makes it way to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your problem will be solved soon, Kim. Wash machine troubles are quite a disaster. You have chosen a perfect post title! That would be me too in a situation like this. Hugs and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is terrifying as after I return from my hideout in Denver to Houston I must buy a new washer and dryer! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete